Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beauty from a berry?

Most people want healthy skin, but I am going to tell you right now that you can not get it from drinking pop!  I stopped drinking pop 5 months ago, and that was one of the best choices I have made.  I drink water all the time and as a former Dr. Pepper addict, I wanted something with a lot of flavor haha!  I started doing research on the acai berry and was amazed of all the benefits you can get from it.
The acai berry can be found on Acai palm trees which is located in the rain forests of the Amazon in Brazil.  Now known as a "Superfood", for hundreds of years the tribes of the Amazon have been using this berry exclusively in their diet to live long and healthy lives.  They discovered that it improved their immune system and the more they took it, the more benefits they discovered.
The acai have a number of vitamins in them and it slows the aging process of your body, skin, and brain!  I started drinking the juice, about a cup a day and noticed a difference almost immediately.  My face got a lot clearer, skin was more radiant, and my hair was shiny.  My husband even saw a difference!  It also seemed that I got a good nights rest but that could also be from healthy diet and exercise.  I get my juice from Wal-Mart and even though it is a little pricey, it is well worth it!  Off to go get some more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment