Sunday, May 27, 2012

Makeup for blue eyes

Somebody requested that I did different makeup looks for certain colored eyes.  Every day, I am going to show you the best colors to wear for blue, brown, green, and hazel eyes.   Today I am going to start with blue eyes.
As a blue-eyed girl, I used to think that the only colors that would look best are browns.  That is not the case.  There are many colors that you can wear, not just for blue eyes but for any color of eye. 
I am going to start off by telling you what monochromatic and complementary is.  Monochromatic color scheme consists of different shades and tints of one single color.  Monochromatic colors for blue eyes can be navy, a blue-based grey, or silver.
Complementary colors are colors that are opposite of the color wheel.  Complementary colors for blue eyes are brown, copper, rust, orange, and peach.


Monochromatic

How I got this look:
1. Prime eyes with eye primer.
2. Sweep eyelid with a navy color up to the crease.
3. Blend a blue-gray on the crease and add this color along lower lash line.
4. Use a silver shimmer on brow bone and inner corner of the eye.
5. Put a navy eyeliner on the above the top lash line and bottom water line.
6. Apply black mascara to both top and bottom lashes.

Complementary

How I got this look:
1. Prime eyes using eye primer.
2. Sweep eyelid using a peachy rose color.
3. Blend a chocolate brown from the outer corner of the eye all through the crease.
4. Mix a copper and peach, apply it in the inner corner and below bottom lash line.
5. Use and neutral shimmer on the brow bone.
6. Put brown liner on eyelid and water line.
7. Apply black or brown mascara on lashes.

Be sure to follow my blog because next I am going to do makeup for brown eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment