Sunday, May 20, 2012

To practice safe sun!

There are a number of reasons why I don't like laying in the tanning bed.
1. I DO NO want skin cancer
2. No babysitter
3. Uncomfortable
4. I don't like to lay in a puddle of my own sweat
5. Don't have the time
6. I don't want to look like the New Jersey tanorexic mom... 

I am planning on laying a few times and even though I dread it, I am doing it so that I don't get burned to a crisp when we go on vacation.
But, for all of you who don't lay in the tanning bed or want some color all year round, here are a few safer alternatives. 
It seems that most people that I know rave about Jergens Natural Glow. 

I do like this, but it gradually builds your tan.  It may just be me but I am impatient and want to see me tan right away haha.  It is very affordable though at only $7.87 and really easy to get because it is at almost any drugstore.

I have the Sun Labs Ultra-Dark tanning lotion.
This comes out to be a very pretty color but it seems that it has more cons than pros.  In my opinion it takes awhile for it to dry and it is really hard to get it even on your wrists, hands, ankles, and feet.  It does smell really good though, like cherry almond!!  I get mine at Ulta beauty for $36.50, but you may be able to find it cheaper on Ebay.

Yesterday I got my order for St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse and Application Mitt.
I used it for the first time last night and I must say, I think that I like it the best so far.  It doesn't have that awful fake tan smell, it dries super fast, and it has an application mitt that makes it really easy to get it even all over.  The only things that I found wrong with it is that you may have to apply it again a couple of days later if you desire to be a little darker, and you can't even get a drop of water or sweat on you for four hours because it will come off.  Last night after applying, I got a drop of water on my shin from the baby's bottle and I had a thin white line all the way down to my foot haha!  I ordered mine off QVC for $36.50 and signed up for the auto-delivery so I can be tanned all year round.  I put up a link that will take you to QVC's website, and they have a video on there from when it was on t.v.

As a fake bake pro, I have picked up a few tips here and there on how to achieve the perfect glow, and want to share them with you!
1. Take a shower, shave your legs and exfoliate all over
2. Put a little light moisturizer on your dry areas like elbows, knees, and ankles to keep them from looking patchy.
3. Open the bathroom door, let some steam out, and wait a little while to let your pores close.
4. Focus on one area of your body at a time.
5. Wait at least 15-20 minutes before getting dressed in clothes that you don't care to have the color on.
6. If you can, do this before going to bed so that you have all night for your color to fully develop.
7. In the morning if you have areas that are overdone, try scrubbing the exfoliater on it.

Now you are on your way to achieving that perfect glow.  I hope that this helps.
Happy tanning!



No comments:

Post a Comment